Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Little Introduction - Kelli

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kelli and I am a first time mom to Eli Grey who is currently (almost) 7 months. I am loving each step of motherhood and feel completely blessed. I'm what most would consider a young mom at 23 years old, so I am still learning about my parenting style and I am overcoming obstacles/decisions as they come.

Unlike Amy for me diapering my child was not a matter of "deciding" WHAT to do but what brand to use, Huggies or Pampers? I wasn't ever exposed to the world of cloth diapering and like so many people out there I saw it as a thing of the past. Why would I want to do laundry all of the time and deal with poop firsthand when I could so easily pull off a diaper and throw it out??!

I was introduced to cloth diapering by Amy. She by no means forced it down my throat or preached about the environmental benefits, instead she just let me put one on Eli for fun. At that point the questions began.... and I don't think they've ever ended. I am constantly texting her and calling her; Where do I buy my diapers? What is a good price? What detergent do I buy? How many cycles of wash do I need to run again? Can I put them in the dryer?

Here on the Lazy Mom's Guide to Cloth Diapers I represent the majority of modern day mamas out there who didn't even know cloth diapers still existed. I serve as a testimony to those women who think that Cloth Diapering is nothing but a load of crap (literally) and 12 million loads of laundry!

Eventually I will find my way... and so will YOU!

Lots of Love and Luck,
Kelli and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment